Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Sunday, August 30, 2009

Two Months

It's official, my baby girl is growing up way too fast. She turned two months old today and is quickly going from my cuddly little newborn to my feisty, independent baby girl. Sometimes Luke and I look at her and are simply amazed that we created this perfect little girl!
Over the past month, Avery has learned a lot of new things:
  • She loves to smile and coo.
  • When we put Avery in her car seat or swing, she likes to hold onto a blanket.
  • She follows people and objects with her eyes.
  • She smiles when she sees her mommy and daddy.
  • Her hands are her new favorite toys. Sometimes she just holds them in front of her eyes and stares at them in amazement.
  • She loves playing under her play gym and has started kicking and batting at the toys.

Right now, Miss Avery is sleeping on my lap while Luke and I watch Boston Legal and play on our laptops. I couldn't ask for a better life!


1 comment:

Katie said...

Happy belated 2 month, Avery!

Ashley, I know how you are feeling about how quickly she's growing up. We're almost to nine months, and I already feel like my baby isn't a baby anymore. You'll be so proud and excited as Avery grows and does new things, but you'll also miss your itty-bitty baby. It's so bittersweet.

Jeans: we got most of our jeans from Carter's. Did lots of cuff rolling for quite a while. The 0-3 month jeans didn't fit Sara really well until after we passed the 3-month mark, but they looked cute anyway. I would think this time of year you'd be able to find jeans lots of places. For this coming winter, we have some Children's Place jeans ... very cute. Maybe check there.