Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Wednesday, December 23, 2009

I'm Dreaming Of A White Christmas

As I type this, it is pouring rain outside and I am wishing for a Christmas miracle of a fifteen or twenty degree drop in the outside temperature. While I realize the winter storm blowing through parts of the United States is causing holiday travel havoc for many people, I can't help but wish Missouri could get a taste of the white stuff.

We are finally (Almost) ready for Christmas. All the gifts have been bought, the house is clean (thank you, Luke for insisting on hiring a cleaning lady) and the Musselman family is headed to St. Louis for Christmas. Yes, I am writing this while Luke drives and Avery sleeps. I have to use my free time wisely! We are spending the next few days in St. Louis to celebrate Christmas with our immediate families and then headed back to Columbia on Christmas day so we can celebrate our Christmas on December 26. We figure Avery won't know the difference this year! Christmas in St. Louis will be fairly low key. The highlight for Miss. Avery will be that she gets to meet her Great-Grandpa Greene for the first time. My grandfather and his girlfriend, Carol, are en route to St. Louis as I type this.
-
Luke and I haven't had time to take Avery to meet the "real" santa. She had a Christmas party at school and the director's father-in-law dressed up as santa. We are hoping to do take her to see santa today or tomorrow in St. Louis. We also need to find a cute Christmas dress for her to wear tomorrow night. Unfortunately, clothes shopping in Columbia is impossible. The selection just doesn't satisfy Avery's (or my) fashion needs!
Our Christmas Tree
-

Avery's Class At School. Her favorite teacher, Miss. Stephani, is holding her.

Avery and Santa. She wanted to pull his beard off.

1 comment:

Abundant Blessings said...

Wishing you all a VERY Merry Christmas. The reindeer are fed, blue chocolate chip cookies are out (it's what Ayla wanted), and we too are waiting on Santa and yes, we too are dreaming of a white Christmas! Enjoy your first Christmas with Avery. It's so fun and so special!