Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Sunday, November 20, 2011

Happy Birthday, Logan!


Sweet Monster Man-

Happy first birthday, Logan! As I think about the past year with you, I can't help but smile. I so vividly remember the morning you were born. It was such an easy delivery as we talked and laughed with the hospital staff throughout your birth. When Dr. Roelands held you up and announced, "it's a boy!", I couldn't help but shed a tear of joy. You were perfect. The second I held you in my arms, I immediately fell in love with the sweetest, happiest baby boy I have ever met.

And now a year has passed since that amazing day. Throughout the year, I have witnessed your first smile, heard your first giggle, watched you try your first foods and cheered you on as you started crawling and took your first steps. It has been amazing to watch you go from a helpless, dependent little baby to a feisty, energetic toddler.

I feel so grateful to be your mommy, Logan. Because of you, my heart overflows with love each and every day. Waking up and seeing your smiling face and picking you and Avery up at school are the best parts of my day.

Sometimes I stare at you and wonder what you will be like in five, ten, thirty years. Will you play sports, a musical instrument or star in the school play? Will you become a fireman, a doctor, an accountant or serve our country in wars? Whatever you choose to do, I know there is something special planned for you.

So, on your first birthday, sweet boy, my hope for your future is that you become a stable, caring, smart, independent, and strong man. I hope you become a leader. I hope you always treat others with kindness and respect. I hope you fall in love and find adventure. And I hope you know that I will always love and support you.

Happy Birthday, Logan!

Love, mama

No comments: