Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Wednesday, February 6, 2013

We Wear Two Ponytails On Tuesdays...

You know it's going to be a good day when Avery marches into your room first thing in the morning and declares,"I need two ponytails, like Josalyn is going to wear." Let's be honest; her hair is certainly not thick enough for ponytails so hence forth we will refer to them as 'pigtails'. When she asked for pigtails, I didn't think about it too much. She looked just a little more grown up and was so excited to see herself in the mirror that she giggled. Sure enough, when I dropped Avery off at school, Josalyn was wearing two ponytails.

Today, Luke asked Avery if she wanted pigtails again. Her response: "It's not Tuesday so Josalyn and I only need one ponytail." I just smiled as I put one ponytail in her hair. When we arrived at school, I had to check out Josalyn's hair. Sure enough, just a single ponytail.

We love Josalyn and I think it's great that Avery has a bestie at school. It's even better that Logan also loves Josalyn and Luke and I get along with her parents (Luke and Matt seem to enjoy an adult beverage every now and then). I just don't know how I feel about my three year old already planning her hairstyle with her friends.

No, mom, I really do need two.
Thank you.  Now we will look alike while we work on our plan to grow up too quickly.

No comments: