Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Monday, March 19, 2018

Happy 1st Birthday, Miles!

Miles-

You completed your first trip around the sun, baby boy, and what a trip it was!  To say this past year flew by is an understatement; your first year has been one of the most magical years of my life.  Giving birth to you seven and six years after Avery and Logan made me really stop and enjoy all the moments with you.  The late night feedings, miles of stroller walks, endless giggles and numerous firsts, I truly enjoyed it all.

When we decided to name you Miles, I joked with daddy that you "can't spell smile without Miles".  I can't think of a better phrase to describe you, sweet boy.  You have brought so much more love, joy and smiles to our family than either of us ever could have imagined.  You truly complete our little family.

Before you were born, everyone told daddy and me that "third kids" are so easy and go with the flow.  I am writing this a little after 10 pm the night before your birthday and am reminded that exactly a year ago today, daddy and I were getting into bed when my water broke and we had to head to the hospital instead.  From the moment you were born, you have been in charge.  For the first few months of your life, the only way I could get you to nap was by taking you on long walks.  I spent hours every day listening to podcasts and walking around the neighborhood.  At around six months of age, you found your voice and you love to use it.  Whether it is your need to eat every 17 minutes or your constant yelling for attention, every person who visits or sees our family knows that you run the house.

At one, you are getting really close to walking.  You get so proud when you stand up by yourself or walk run behind your walker.  You can climb an entire flight of stairs and think you are pretty sneaky when you do it.  You love clapping and giving high fives and Avery is your favorite person in the entire world.  I love seeing how excited you get when you see her.  Logan is a close second, but there is something special, something indescribable about the bond you and Avery have.  You also love almost all foods.  When you eat, you giggle and bounce up and down the entire time; it is adorable.

Miles, thank you for such an amazing first year!  I can't wait to see what year two will bring.

I love you!

Love,

Mommy







No comments: