Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Saturday, July 25, 2009

Life is very busy...

Since Avery was born, life has become much busier. It seems crazy that such a little girl can change your world in such a big way. Most days, Luke and I think of her as our little angel, but she does have her moments where we think just the opposite. She's funny these days. Her personality develops more with each passing day. When Avery used to have a wet diaper, she didn't care at all, but now she throws a fit and must be changed immediately. I'm hoping this will be a good thing when it comes time for potty training. She used to hate having her diaper changed, but I think she now realizes that it is a good thing and seems to almost enjoy it. When Avery was first born, she didn't want to have anything to do with the pacifier. She now loves it! To me this is both a blessing and a curse. I'm sure I will hate it when I try to wean her in about a year. This week, Avery has started to hold her pacifier with her hands. She has also become somewhat modest when eating as she likes to cover her face while she feeds. It's really cute and a welcome change from scratching me the entire time like she used to do. On another note, Avery has not lost her cord stump. We virtually douse it in alcohol when we change her, but that thing just doesn't want to fall off. It frustrates me because I really want to give Avery a "real" bath. She hates the washcloth baths because she gets cold so quickly. Luckily, the cord stump does look like it is getting close. Maybe by her 4-week birthday on Tuesday...

Walking on the MU campus with G & G Musselman

This is how tummy time started...and ended. She doesn't love it.

No comments: