Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Wednesday, February 17, 2010

My Baby Kitty

Yesterday was a sad day in the Musselman household. We had to put my sweet Baby Kitty to sleep. About a month ago, we came home from vacation and Baby Kitty had suddenly lost over two pounds. It turned out that Baby Kitty had tongue cancer. Unfortunately, as one would imagine, tongue cancer is not treatable. We tried to keep Baby Kitty around as long as we could by hand feeding her and keeping her pain under control with pain medicine, but, over the weekend, I just knew it was time. Baby Kitty was no longer interested in attention and it was getting difficult for her to take her food.

I "adopted" Baby Kitty over 11 years ago when I was a junior in high school . She loved attention and never stopped acting like a baby kitty. When my parents had a house fire my freshman year in college, Baby Kitty went missing for over a week. Somehow she knew I would find her. After college, she followed me to Des Moines, St. Cloud, Omaha, Winston-Salem and back to Columbia. She was quite possibly the best cat ever.

You will be missed, Baby Kitty. Rest in peace.

1 comment:

Katie said...

Oh, Ashley ... I'm so sorry. Sounds like it was for the best, though, since she was hurting. Do you plan to get a new kitten? Pretty soon Avery will really start to enjoy the company!

Thanks for the soap/lotion tips. Sometimes I think I experiment with too many items so my skin never gets used to anything, but if I know something will work, I'll give it a try. What is with all the drying baby products? You would think they'd make them as moisturizing as possible.