Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Sunday, June 30, 2013

A Letter To Avery On Her Birthday

Dear Avery-

Happy Birthday, sweet girl! You are four. Honestly, I am freaking out a bit. In a little over a year, I will send you off to kindergarten. I know you think you are already ready to go, but your mommy may never be ready. Sometimes I ask you to stop growing up and stay my little girl forever. You always giggle and tell me that you will soon be as big as me. I have no doubt that will happen before we know it.

As much fun as your birthday is for you each year, Avery, it is also a special time for me. Your birthday marks the day I became a mommy, the day YOU made me a mommy.


The second you were born, my heart burst open with love, and I haven't spent a moment since without the strange, full, burst-open heart feel.  You truly are a love of my life.

Avery, I know moms are supposed to lead their children through life, but at times it seems that you do most of the leading, most of the teaching. You see, as my first-born, you taught me how to be a mom to an infant, a mom to a 1-year-old, a 2-year-old, a 3-year-old and now I follow you into 4.

At four years old, you are a kind, caring, silly little girl.  You love superheroes and trucks even more than you love princesses and dolls. You currently hate shopping because you say it's "born". You have a great group of girlfriends and already bicker with them like sisters. You watch out for your little brother and almost always share with him.  When you get to pick a prize out of the treasure box at school, you often choose something to give to Logan. You have your mommy's song-lyric memory and daddy's love of all things outside.

Everyday I get to spend with you is an adventure.  Sometimes we are princesses in a castle or professional kick ball players and other times we are race car drivers or chefs or mommies.  I love your imagination and your free-spirited nature. I love your random hugs, cuddle requests and "I love you's". I just love you, sweet girl.  To me, you are the most precious, kind and beautiful girl in the whole world and I feel so proud that you are mine.

So, happy day, goosey girl.  I can't wait to see what four has in store for both of us!

Love,

Mommy

No comments: