Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Saturday, June 19, 2010

A Lot Can Happen In Two Weeks

The past two weeks have been crazy in the Musselman household. Sometimes I feel like I need a vacation just to catch up from being on vacation!

Avery had tubes put in her ears last week. Over the past year, she had multiple ear infections that each took a number of antibiotics. Instead of having Avery on antibiotics all the time, we opted for tubes. Surprisingly, the surgery was really easy for everyone involved. She was away from us for less than fifteen minutes. When Avery woke up from surgery, she was really disoriented and cried on and off for about thirty minutes. Once we got home, Avery ate, took a nap and was back to normal. It was amazing how quickly she recovered.

Two weeks ago, Avery took her first two steps. Now, she is walking like a pro. It's crazy how quickly these little ones pick up on new tricks. Of course, I feel like a terrible mom because I didn't take any videos of her early steps. I really meant to. Actually, yesterday was the first day I had a chance to get the video camera out.
-
Since Avery's first birthday is quickly approaching, we decided to make a couple "big girl" changes. First, we switched her to cow's milk last week. Over the past three months, her formula consumption had significantly dropped. She likes her table food A LOT. When I asked Avery's pediatrician what to do, she told me not to worry about it and that the one-year formula suggestion is just that, a suggestion. Finally, I decided to to take Avery's pacifier away this week. She is doing great! The first night, I set a timer for thirty minutes and told myself that if Avery was still crying when the timer went off, I would snip the nipple and give it to her. Luckily, she stopped crying after nineteen minutes. She has gone to sleep without any crying every night since. I am so proud! Naptime has always been difficult for Avery so I had to let her nap in her swing today. I'll work on the crib sans-pacifier tomorrow.
-
Avery cut two more teeth this week. Her first two top teeth are now poking through.

Finally, Luke has been in Salt Lake City for his annual sales meeting the past six days. He takes a red-eye tonight and gets home tomorrow at 11 am. It's been a long week; I am hoping I get a few hours off to rest when he gets back. Although Luke travels often, a whole week is a little tough. I don't know how single mothers do it.

Enjoy the pictures I took of Avery after her tubes. Could she get any cuter?
-
This was right after she put a handful of dirt in her mouth. Yum, yum!

Where's your head?

Where's your tummy?

1 comment:

Katie said...

What a doll! Glad you went with the tubes ... I've heard that they can work wonders.

Hope you are feeling well. When will we know if Avery is getting a sis or a bro??