Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Wednesday, June 30, 2010

To Avery, With Love.

Dear Avery,

One year ago, at 5:25 pm, my life changed forever. After a full day of labor, my baby girl was born. When you finally arrived, Dr. Jones quickly showed me your sweet face and whisked you off to get weighed and checked out. I hated that daddy, the nurses and Dr. Jones got to see you while I was confined to the hospital bed, but once I finally had you in my arms, I couldn't take my eyes off of you. I was in love. You were and still are the most perfect baby I have ever seen. I feel so lucky to have the privilege of being your mommy. I couldn't imagine a better gift.

Today, sweet Avery, you are no longer the fragile baby I brought home from the hospital. You are now a full-fledged toddler. You love playing with all the big kids in your new class at school. You like to rough house with daddy, play outside and get dirty. You have the best laugh and personality. You are a mommy's girl. It melts my heart when I hear you say, "mamamama."

I want you to know that I will always be there for you. No matter what you do, I will always love you. As you grow, I hope you know that you can come to me with anything. Although I may not always agree with everything you do, I will never judge you and will always be there to offer advice or simply show support.

Thank you for the best year of my life, Avery. You mean more to me than words could ever describe.

Happy 1st Birthday, Goose!

I Love You,

Mommy




1 comment:

sarah said...

awww... i have tears in my eyes and goosebumps on my arms :) happy birthday, avery & mama!!!