Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Monday, June 29, 2009

We're Having A Baby!

Luke and I went to the doctor today for an ultrasound and progress check. Unfortunately, I have not made any progress and the ultrasound shows that baby girl's growth has slowed down or stopped completely. As a result, Dr. Jones decided to proceed with inducing me. It looks like baby girl is just under 7 lbs and is in the 39th percentile for size at just over full term. She looked so cute on the ultrasound! We can't wait to meet her!

Luke and I got to the hospital a couple hours ago. The first part of the induction will happen tonight as the nurse will insert a special gel into my cervix. The idea is that it will help to dialate and soften my cervix. Tomorrow morning, Dr. Jones will come in and attempt to break my water. After that, I will start on a pitosin IV and we will hopefully have a baby by dinnertime on the 30th!


A couple hours before leaving for the hospital.

The beginning of the induction. Notice the smile.

No comments: