Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Wednesday, September 8, 2010

Avery Lately

Over the past two months, Avery has become such a big girl. Each day brings a new reminder that my baby girl is growing up way too fast. Since there is so much to write, I will simply bullet point Avery's latest favorite things and accomplishments.
  • Avery is FEARLESS. While I realize a lot of people feel that way about their kid, I am serious. Not only do her teachers at school constantly remind me of this, but whenever we take her to the park or are around other neighborhood kids, at least one parent asks us how old she is and makes a comment about how brave she is.

  • Avery loves climbing and is amazingly good at it. The playset Luke and I bought for her birthday is quite possibly the best gift ever. She loves climbing up and down the stairs and slide. When we take her to the park, she ignores all the age recommendations on the playground and climbs up virtually everything. I must also note that she likes to slide down the biggest slides on her own. It terrifies mommy, but she just laughs.

  • Avery likes to fall. It's a little scary because she doesn't really care if anyone is there to catch her. Of course, when Avery falls, she thinks it is hilarious.

  • Avery has already developed a shoe obsession. It's a little out of control. Nothing makes my girl more happy than a nice pair of shoes. With her shoe obsession, she also thinks everyone should always wear shoes. In fact, this morning, she brought my shoes to me while I was in bed and insisted that I put them on.

  • Avery is getting really good at understanding words and doing what is asked of her. If we tell her to go get her shoes, she will remember where we took them off and bring them to us to help put them on. She also understands when we tell her to go find (or take something to) mommy (daddy), go outside, go downstairs, go to your chair for dinner, etc.

  • Avery LOVES her cat and Scout LOVES her. Most days, I want to give Scout away, but when I see Avery and Scout together, I immediately change my mind. They are so sweet with one another. Scout even puts up with Avery picking her up by her tail, foot, etc. and carrying her around.

  • Avery is already a bookworm. She likes to sit in her car seat and read her books to Luke and me. She also does her best to delay bedtime by picking out as many books as possible for us to read to her.

  • Avery likes to dance. Whenever we tell her to dance or turn on music, she starts bouncing up and down. It is adorable!

  • Avery is an eater. She went through a couple weeks of being a picky eater, but she is back to eating anything and everything. Of course, fruit, specifically watermelon, is still her favorite. Luke keeps asking what we are going to do in a month or so when we can't get good watermelon.

  • Avery has gotten really good at using some of her baby signs. The most popular ones are, "all done" and "please". Of course she thinks she can get whatever she wants by using her manners!

  • Avery LOVES the outside. Ever since Avery was a tiny baby, we could take her outside and all was well in her world. Nothing has changed. Now, she just knows to ask to go outside or runs to the door and bangs on it.

Enjoy some of the latest pictures!

No comments: