Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Thursday, September 2, 2010

A Girl and Her Hair


When I picked Avery up at school one day last week, her hair was in her first "ponytail". She was so proud to show me her hairdo and I could tell how happy this simple hairdo made her. Of course, I told Avery how pretty she looked and asked her teacher, Miss. Megan, about the hair. Miss. Megan said that whenever one of Avery's teachers fixes their hair or another little girl's hair, Avery walks up to them, pats her head and signs "please". Initially, I was so proud of my girl for her communication skills, but I quickly felt sad that Avery has never had enough hair to do anything with. I felt so sad that Avery was already disappointed in her hair (or lack thereof). If she was a little older, I would use this situation to teach her about beauty on the inside, her good qualities, etc. Fortunately, I didn't have to do anything other than tell Avery how pretty she looked, text Luke to give him the heads up to do the same thing and give my girl a big hug and kiss. Wouldn't it be perfect if things were always this easy?

No comments: