Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Sunday, September 19, 2010

Minnesota Love

Last weekend, the Musselman's took a short trip to Minnesota for one of my best friend's baby shower. Elizabeth is having twins and I just couldn't miss seeing her pregnant with them! We all had a great time. I always forget how much I miss Minnesota when I am up there. I love almost everything about that state, everything except the winter!

We drove up to Minneapolis after work on Thursday so that Avery would sleep most of the car ride. Of course, she thought it was party time when we got to our hotel. On Friday, Luke had to work so Avery and I spent the day running around Minneapolis. My friend, Leslie, drove up from Rochester with her adorable new baby Evan. It was so much fun to be able to see them for the second week in a row. Unfortunately, I was able to get an early glimpse into my life when baby 2 arrives. While Leslie shopped in Crate and Barrel, I tried to calm a hungry Evan while attempting to keep Avery from reorganizing the entire store. On the rest of the trip, we ate lots of yummy food, attended Elizabeth's shower, visited the Mall of America, played at a park and visited the Edina art fair. All in all, it was a successful trip.

Avery and I had our first solo flight home. It wasn't terrible, but it wasn't great. Avery didn't understand why she needed to stay seated for the flight. After the weekend, Luke drove to Milwaukee to spend the week. He came home for less than 48 hours and headed to Vegas for the next seven days. He will then be home for one day before he heads out to Milwaukee and Seattle for another week. One day, I will have my husband back. I just hope he isn't out of town when baby 2 arrives!

I took almost no pictures while we were in MN. Since Avery's first birthday, my photo taking hasn't been too great. It just seems too hard when I always have to chase Avery around.


Elizabeth is 21 weeks (twins) and I am 30 weeks

I know, it's gross.

1 comment:

Katie said...

I just love MN, too. Can't believe Elizabeth is having twins! So exciting. Hope you are feeling well. You look great!