Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Monday, November 8, 2010

Two Weeks

Two weeks from today is my due date. Two weeks from tomorrow is my induction date. I can't believe how quickly this pregnancy has gone by. Sometimes I think it has gone by too quickly, but it seems that we are finally ready to welcome baby Musselman #2 into this world. I can't wait to meet and hold the newest member of our family.

I started my maternity leave last Friday. It is nice to have a couple weeks off to get organized before baby 2 arrives. Today, I had a lot of work to wrap up, but wanted to spend the morning with Avery. After breakfast, I asked Avery whether she wanted to spend the morning with mommy or go to school. She quickly responded, "school", and did a little dance. Although I am happy that Avery likes school, her friends and her teachers, it hurt a little to hear Avery choose anything over spending time with her mommy. It starts way too early.

I had my 38-week OB appointment this afternoon. Everything looked great, but there hasn't been any progress other than the baby dropping a little. I am measuring a little small at 37 weeks and the baby's heartbeat has consistently been in the 140's. I am dilated to 2cm, but Dr. Jones says that a little dilation is common with pregnancies so close together. Aside from being 38 weeks pregnant and constantly chasing a VERY active one-year old around, I feel pretty good. I have a lot of aches and pains, but nothing I can't handle.

Luke is in Wisconsin all week so I am crossing my fingers that baby Musselman won't decide to make an appearance. Luckily, I have friends and family on call for back-up!

No comments: