Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Monday, January 31, 2011

Back To Reality

Today was my first "official" day back at work. I say this loosely because there was little I could do other than sit at home, sort through e-mails and talk to my co-workers. I now have to send my computer back to headquarters to get a "refresh" for my return from leave so it will likely be next week before I can really get back to my job. For the new year, I have a new boss and I'm excited to get to know her.


Luckily, my mom was kind enough to come to Columbia for the next couple weeks so I can hold off taking Logan to day care. Today, it was nice being able to leave my home office whenever I wanted to give Logan kisses or get a little cuddle time. I'm sure I will be a mess the first time I have to drop my little man off at day care. The decision to go back to work so soon was tough, but was something I needed to do.
-
Part of the reason I decided to return to work at this time is because of some exciting, yet scary family news. Luke and I have made the tough decision to be closer to his job and move to Milwaukee, WI sometime this year. Thankfully, Luke's company is relocating us, but we will wait to make the official move until our house sells. I am excited for what this new adventure has in store for our family, but will miss being close to family and friends and am dreading the cold winters.
-
In other news, we set up Avery's big girl bed and furniture this weekend. She is so excited to be in her new bed. This morning, Luke found her jumping on her bed and talking to her sock monkey when he went in to wake her up. I hate than my baby girl is growing up so fast, but am incredibly proud of her as well.

With Avery's move into a big girl bed, Logan finally got a real crib. As of now, he still shares his room with the office, but we hope to remedy that this weekend. Side Note: I promise we don't neglect poor Logan, we just planned on waiting until we move to decorate and set up another nursery.
-
Maybe Logan's room will be put together soon. Poor guy.
Over the next couple days, we are supposed to get Missouri's winter storm of the decade. Governer Jay Nixon has called in the Missouri National Guard. We are expected to get half an inch of ice tonight and then 16-24 inches of snow tomorrow and tomorrow night. If this happens, the city will shut down for days. Because of the winter storm threat, Luke's flight was cancelled tomorrow so he had to fly out to LA this evening. Poor guy...

Avery helping Daddy shovel after the last snowfall.
I am currently watching the latest ridiculous installment of The Bachelor as winter storm warnings flash across the bottom of my TV screen. As I watch the previews for the upcoming episodes, I want to be the next Bachelorette. The clothes, the dates, the trips, Luke wouldn't mind, would he? I can dream, but for now, I will continue enjoying my nightly Guinness beer (to stimulate my breast milk production) while I hold and stare at my sweet Logan.

1 comment:

Katie said...

Wow - you guys have a lot going on. Good luck with the upcoming house sale, move, etc. Your babies are adorable!