Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Wednesday, January 5, 2011

Ringing In The New Year

Happy 2011! To mark the start of a new year, Luke and I spent a quiet evening at home. After Avery went to bed, we ate dinner without having to take a break or reheat it, drank chocolate wine out of our wedding crystal, watched a movie without interruptions and fell fast asleep before midnight. It was an unremarkable evening to top off an amazing year.

2010 was another year full of big change for the Musselman family. Over the course of the year, Avery's personality blossomed as she started walking and talking. She is such a fun little girl and I feel lucky to be her mom. In January, I survived another round of layoffs as Merck merged with Schering Plough. In July, Luke started a new job with Hayes Bicycle Group. He is the Aftermarket Sales Manager for North and South America. He travels all over the world and gets to talk about bikes all day. I can't imagine a better job for Luke. Finally, on November 20, our family grew to four as we welcomed Logan Newton into our family. He is such a good baby and I love every minute I get to spend with him.

This year, I have decided to make a few resolutions. To start, I plan to take more time to enjoy life and the time I spend with my family. For most of you who know me well, I like to "get stuff done" and seem to always be busy. For 2011, I am not going to worry if the house is not perfectly clean or if I don't always get birthday or thank you cards out as I plan. In 2011, I am going to be sure to take the time to enjoy the little things in life. Like everyone else, I plan to exercise more. After two babies in two years and 30 quickly approaching, my body simply isn't what it used to be. Now, I have no intention of losing weight, dieting or giving up my beloved chocolate, I will simply make the time to exercise multiple times a week so that I am more fit and healthy. In 2011, I will also finish Avery's baby book and START on Logan's. Finally, I plan to have more dates with Luke. Since Avery was born, Luke and I have really neglected our time as a couple. Even if we simply stay home and have dinner and watch a movie after the kids go to bed, I promise I will spend more iPad, computer, phone free time with Luke.
-
I hope everyone had a nice end to 2010 and has had a wonderful start to 2011.

1 comment:

sarah said...

i'm in the same boat with you concerning baby books! it's been on my list of 'things to do' since we found out i was pregnant with milo (he is almost 11 months -- that means i've been "planning" to finish agnes' for 20+ months!)... good luck :)